Sichuan is a paradise for both pandas and panda lovers.
There are currently 5 panda bases around Chengdu—the capital of Sichuan province, for you to get close to the adorable giant pandas, see them, take a selfie with them, feed them, hold one of them, and even track the wild pandas in their natural habitat! Come and indulge your panda passion with a dreamy panda tour:
- You will have a great chance to see the cutest panda cubs at the world’s largest panda base–Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, with 176 giant pandas in captivity (by the end of 2016), and only 40 minutes drive from downtown Chengdu, it is definitely Chengdu’s top1 attraction.
- Or join the Panda Keeper Program at Dujiangyan Panda Ark to learn how to take care of the pandas, and even hold one of them to feel their warm fur; 1.5 hours’ drive from Chengdu, you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to realize your panda dream!
- Not far from Panda Ark, Dujiangyan Panda Valley offers a chance for you to observe how some selected panda pioneers get trained to be set free into the wild. What’s the ultimate goal for all the pandas in captivity? Back to their nature home, of course.
- If you want to combine your panda tour with a great outdoor freshness, go to Bifengxia Panda Base in Ya’an. Drive for 2.5 hours from Chengdu, then hike the lush forests and deep valleys there to take a close look of the panda’s wonderland!
- Want to find any wild pandas? Go deep into the mountainous area of Sichuan’s Wolong Nature Reserve, you’ll get into the real home of the wild pandas. After 8 years’ recovery from the tragic 2008 Sichuan earthquake, Gengda Wolong Panda Center was opened to the public in May 12, 2016. Within 2.5 hours drive from Chengdu, you are at panda kingdom already. Join the panda keeper program, or track them into the forest? You can do both here, start your journey now！